- Programs & Projects
- About Us
- The Team
Selection of participants (Students including Teachers / Supervisors)
The school will choose the participants after giving priority to the students who are actively involved in environmental campaigns. The teachers and supervisors selected for the project are environmental enthusiasts who give their support to the students.
- Every participant (students, teachers and supervisors) must be competent to swim 50m.
- This is not a pleasure trip and the participants have a very hectic nature trail programme, ahead of them, which must be strictly followed. Students, teachers and supervisors must be physically fit to take part in all the activities.
- Since this programme is implemented in the atolls the participants (students, teachers, supervisors and every one else) must fully respect the local atoll tradition, their way of life and nature.
- Any participant (students, teachers and supervisors) who is reluctant to take part in any activity in the programme will not be considered.
- This is a nature trail programme and will include activities such as coral reef observation, at which the participants must swim to the reef, mangrove observation in which the participants must wade in and get firsthand information of the texture, the feel and the biodiversity of these places. The participants will be taken to sand banks, uninhabited islands where they will observe birds and natural vegetation etc. Hence, participants (students, teachers and supervisors), on these occasions must present themselves in suitable clothing that will not hamper the activities intended on these trips.
- The supervisors and teachers who participate in this programme must be competent and efficient in helping the pupils in any incident or at any time when the need arises.
- Every student who participated in the programme must compile a report on the trip. Teachers and supervisors must assist the pupils in drawing up the report and this report must be submitted to Ecocare within the prescribed time limit.